The KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test) syllabus for 2024 is crucial for candidates preparing to excel in the exam. The syllabus primarily encompasses subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology, depending on the course the candidate intends to pursue.
Physics: The Physics section typically covers topics such as mechanics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, optics, and modern physics. Understanding fundamental concepts and their practical applications is essential.
Chemistry: In Chemistry, the syllabus includes physical chemistry (atomic structure, chemical bonding, and thermodynamics), inorganic chemistry (periodic table, chemical reactions), and organic chemistry (hydrocarbons, organic compounds, and reactions). A strong grasp of chemical principles is required.
KCET Syllabus 2024
- Mechanics: Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Oscillations, Waves
- Electrostatics and Current Electricity: Electric Field and Potential, Capacitance, Current Electricity, Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer: Thermodynamics, Kinetic Theory of Gases, Heat Transfer
- Optics: Geometrical Optics, Wave Optics
- Modern Physics: Atomic Physics, Nuclear Physics, Semiconductors
- Basic Concepts of Chemistry: Matter, Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding, Chemical Calculations
- Physical Chemistry: States of Matter, Thermodynamics, Solutions, Chemical Kinetics, Electrochemistry
- Organic Chemistry: Basic Concepts, Hydrocarbons, Functional Groups, Stereochemistry, Polymers
- Inorganic Chemistry: Chemical Bonding, Coordination Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry
- Algebra: Sets, Functions, Relations, Matrices, Determinants, Calculus
- Geometry: Coordinate Geometry, Trigonometry, Vectors, Three-Dimensional Geometry
- Statistics and Probability: Data Analysis, Probability, Statistics
KCET Syllabus 2024: Physics
|Electrostatics and Current Electricity||20%|
|Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer||15%|
KCET Syllabus 2024: Chemistry
|Basic Concepts of Chemistry||15%|
KCET Syllabus 2024: Mathematics
|Sets, Relations and Functions||10%|
|Statistics and Probability||10%|
KCET Syllabus 2024: Biology
|Cell Biology and Genetics||25%|
|Ecology and Evolution||20%|
Best Books for KCET 2024
|Physics||HC Verma's Objective Physics||HC Verma|
|Mathematics||RD Sharma's Objective Mathematics||RD Sharma|
|Biology||Trueman's Biology||MS Chouhan|
KCET Exam Pattern 2024
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Language||English and Kannada|
|Number of subjects||3|
KCET Chapter Wise Weightage for Chemistry
|Basic Concepts of Chemistry||15%|
KCET Syllabus 2024 FAQs
The KCET exam typically includes subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology, depending on the course for which you are appearing.
Yes, the KCET syllabus is generally based on the 10+2 or equivalent board exam curriculum.
The core subjects and topics in the KCET syllabus remain relatively consistent. However, it's essential to check the official KCET website or brochure for any updates or changes in syllabus content.
No, the syllabus varies based on the course you are applying for. For example, medical and dental aspirants have a different syllabus compared to engineering aspirants.
You can find the detailed KCET syllabus on the official KCET website or in the official KCET brochure provided by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA).
While there are many reference books available, it's advisable to consult with teachers or coaching centers for the best study materials aligned with the KCET syllabus.
Each subject is usually given equal weightage in the KCET exam. However, practicing previous years' question papers can give you insights into topic importance.
There may be some overlap in topics, especially in Physics and Chemistry. However, the level of difficulty and emphasis on specific topics can differ.
Yes, since the KCET syllabus is based on the 10+2 curriculum, preparing for KCET can also help with your PU board exams.