The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Joint Entrance for Hospitality Management (WBJEE JEHOM) is a state-level entrance exam conducted annually by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB). This examination is designed for candidates aspiring to pursue undergraduate courses in hospitality and hotel management in various colleges and institutions across West Bengal.
WBJEE JEHOM typically offers admission to programs like Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) and Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Hotel Administration (B.Sc. HHA). The exam assesses candidates on subjects such as English language, general knowledge, logical reasoning, and elementary mathematics.
JEHOM 2024 Highlights
|Number of participants||200000+ students from 10,000+ schools across India|
|Number of scholarships||1000+ scholarships worth INR 10 crores|
|Top 3 states||Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, and Tamil Nadu|
|Top 3 schools||DAV Public School, New Delhi; Modern School, Barakhamba Road, New Delhi; and The Lawrence School, Lovedale, Ooty|
JEHOM 2024 Exam Dates
|JEHOM 2024||Tentative, to be announced by WBJEEB|
JEHOM 2024 Admit Card
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) will release the JEHOM 2024 admit card in online mode on the official website, wbjeeb.nic.in. The admit card will be released a few weeks before the exam date.
To download the admit card, candidates will need to provide their registration number and password. The admit card will contain the following information:
- Candidate's name
- Registration number
- Date of birth
- Exam centre
- Exam date and time
- Instructions for the exam
Details Mentioned on JEHOM Admit Card 2024
Candidate's Name: Your full name as provided during the application process.
Roll Number: A unique identification number assigned to you for the examination.
Exam Date and Time: The date and time when the JEHOM exam will take place.
Exam Center: The address of the examination center where you are supposed to appear for the exam.
Photograph: Your passport-sized photograph, which is usually uploaded during the application process.
Signature: A space for you to sign in the presence of the exam invigilator, usually at the examination center.
Exam Instructions: Important instructions and guidelines for the examination day, including what to carry, what not to bring, reporting time, and other essential information.
Contact Information: Contact details for the exam conducting authority or helpline numbers for assistance.
COVID-19 Guidelines: Any specific COVID-19 related instructions, such as mask-wearing and social distancing rules, if applicable.
JEHOM 2024 Eligibility
|Age||16 years or above on the date of the exam|
|Education||Passing the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2) or equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Science stream|
|Domicile||Must be a resident of West Bengal|
JEHOM 2024 Application Form
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) will release the JEHOM 2024 application form in online mode on the official website, wbjeeb.nic.in. The application form will be released in the month of February 2024.
To fill the application form, candidates will need to provide the following information:
- Personal details such as name, date of birth, and address
- Educational qualification details
- Category (SC/ST/OBC/PH/Freedom fighter)
- Exam centre preference
JEHOM 2024 Exam Pattern
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
JEHOM 2024 Syllabus
- Comprehension: Reading comprehension, including paraphrasing, summarizing, and answering questions
- Grammar: Parts of speech, sentence structure, punctuation, and usage
- Vocabulary: Word meaning, synonyms, antonyms, and idioms
- Current affairs: National and international events
- History: Indian and world history
- Geography: Indian and world geography
- Science: Physics, chemistry, biology, and environmental science
- Mathematics: Basic arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and trigonometry
- Verbal reasoning: Analogies, syllogisms, and logical puzzles
- Numerical reasoning: Number series, puzzles, and problems
- Spatial reasoning: Visualizing objects and patterns
- Number system: Integers, fractions, decimals, and number operations
- Algebra: Linear equations, inequalities, and functions
- Geometry: Basic concepts of geometry, including shapes, lines, and angles
- Trigonometry: Basic concepts of trigonometry, including sine, cosine, and tangent
Preparation Tips for JEHOM 2024
Understand the Exam Pattern:
- Familiarize yourself with the JEHOM exam pattern, including the number of questions, sections, and marking scheme.
Know the Syllabus:
- Study the official JEHOM syllabus, which typically includes subjects like English Language, General Knowledge, Logical Reasoning, and Elementary Mathematics.
Create a Study Schedule:
- Develop a study timetable that covers all the subjects and topics in the syllabus. Allocate sufficient time for each section based on your strengths and weaknesses.
- Use recommended textbooks and study materials that are specific to the JEHOM syllabus. You can also refer to standard reference books for subjects like English and General Knowledge.
Practice Previous Year's Papers:
- Solve previous years' JEHOM question papers to understand the exam pattern and the types of questions asked. This will help you manage your time effectively during the actual exam.
Take Mock Tests:
- Attempt mock tests and practice papers regularly to assess your preparation level and improve time management skills.
Focus on Weak Areas:
- Identify your weak areas and allocate more study time to improve them. Seek help from tutors or online resources if necessary.
Improve English Language Skills:
- As English is a crucial component of the exam, work on your vocabulary, grammar, comprehension, and writing skills. Read newspapers, magazines, and English novels to enhance your language skills.
- Keep up with current events and general knowledge topics. Read newspapers, watch the news, and follow relevant online sources to stay informed.
Logical Reasoning Practice:
- Practice logical reasoning puzzles, questions, and problems to enhance your problem-solving skills and logical thinking.
- During the exam, manage your time wisely. Allocate a specific amount of time to each section and question. If you get stuck on a question, move on and return to it later.
Maintain Good Health:
- A healthy lifestyle with regular exercise, a balanced diet, and adequate sleep is essential for maintaining concentration and focus during your preparation.
- Set aside time for regular revision of topics you've covered to ensure you retain the information.
Stay Calm and Confident:
- On the day of the exam, stay calm and focused. Avoid last-minute cramming and trust your preparation.
Admit Card and Exam Venue:
- Ensure you have your admit card, required identification, and any other necessary documents ready well in advance of the exam date. Familiarize yourself with the exam venue's location and transportation options.
JEHOM 2024 Recommended Books
|English Language||Objective English for Competitive Examinations||S. Chand||S. Chand|
JEHOM 2024 Exam Centers
|Kolkata||Vivekananda College, 24 Parganas (North)|
JEHOM 2024 Result
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) has not yet announced the JEHOM 2024 result. The result is expected to be announced in the month of June 2024.
The result will be available on the official website of WBJEEB, wbjeeb.nic.in. The candidates can check their result by entering their registration number and date of birth.
The result will contain the following information:
- Roll number
- Name of the candidate
- Total marks
JEHOM 2024 Counselling
|Releasing of seat matrix||June 2024|
|Filling up of online choice filling form||June 2024|
|Releasing of 1st round merit list||July 2024|
|Choice locking and seat allotment||July 2024|
|Releasing of 2nd round merit list (if any)||August 2024|
|Choice locking and seat allotment (if any)||August 2024|
|Releasing of 3rd round merit list (if any)||September 2024|
|Choice locking and seat allotment (if any)||September 2024|
JEHOM 2024 Cutoff
|Category||Cutoff (General)||Cutoff (SC)||Cutoff (ST)|
WBJEE JEHOM Overview 2024 FAQs
WBJEE JEHOM is the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination for Hospitality Management. It is an entrance exam conducted for admission to undergraduate courses in hospitality and hotel management in West Bengal.
The eligibility criteria may include completing 10+2 or its equivalent with specific subjects and marks. Candidates should check the official notification for the most current eligibility requirements.
The exam typically consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) covering subjects like English, General Knowledge, Logical Reasoning, and Elementary Mathematics. The exact pattern may vary, so refer to the official notification for details.
To apply for WBJEE JEHOM, you need to visit the official website, fill out the application form, upload necessary documents, and pay the application fee online.
The application fee may vary from year to year. Check the official website or notification for the current fee details.
The exam date for WBJEE JEHOM can vary, so candidates should regularly check the official website for updates on the exam schedule.
Yes, there may be negative marking for incorrect answers in the WBJEE JEHOM exam. It's important to carefully read the exam instructions for the specific marking scheme.
Admit cards are typically available for download from the official website. You will need to log in with your credentials to access and download your admit card.
Candidates should carry their admit card, a valid photo ID (such as Aadhar card, passport, or voter ID), and any other documents specified in the admit card or official instructions.
Preparation involves studying the prescribed syllabus, practicing previous years' question papers, and taking mock tests. Focus on improving your English language skills, general knowledge, logical reasoning, and elementary mathematics.