AUCET (Andhra University Common Entrance Test) is an annual state-level entrance examination conducted by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, India. The primary objective of AUCET is to facilitate admissions into various postgraduate (PG) programs offered by Andhra University and its affiliated colleges.
The exam is open to candidates from different streams, including arts, science, commerce, and engineering, seeking admissions into various PG courses such as M.Sc., M.A., M.Com., M.P.Ed., M.Tech, and many others. AUCET serves as a gateway for aspirants to secure seats in reputed institutes under the purview of Andhra University, ensuring a standardized and merit-based selection process.
AUCET 2024 Important Dates
|Notification and Application Form Release||March 27, 2024|
|Last Date of Application (Without Late Fee)||April 25, 2024|
|Last Date of Application (With Late Fee)||April 30, 2024|
|Admit Card Release||May 1, 2024|
|Examination Date||May 3, 2024|
|Result Declaration||May 5, 2024|
AUCET 2024 Course-Wise Exam Dates
|Engineering||May 3, 2024|
|Pharmacy||May 4, 2024|
|Management||May 5, 2024|
|Architecture||May 6, 2024|
Courses Offered Through AUCET 2024
|Master of Arts (MA)||Arts|
|Master of Science (M.Sc)||Science|
|Master of Commerce (M.Com)||Commerce|
|Master of Education (M.Ed)||Education|
|Master of Engineering (ME)||Engineering|
|Master of Technology (M.Tech)||Engineering|
|Master of Fine Arts (MFA)||Fine Arts|
|Master of Library Science (M.Lib.I.Sc)||Library Science|
AUCET 2024 Eligibility
|Eligibility Criteria||General Category||Reserved Categories|
|Nationality||Indian National||Indian National|
|Age||No upper age limit||Maximum age of 34 years for SC/ST and 30 years for EBC/Minorities/Disabled|
|Educational Qualification||Passed 10+2 from a recognized board equivalent to Andhra University with minimum 50% marks (45% for reserved categories)||Passed 10+2 from a recognized board equivalent to Andhra University with minimum 45% marks (40% for reserved categories)|
|Final Year Examination||Candidates who have appeared/appearing for their final year examination in 2023 only are eligible||Candidates who have appeared/appearing for their final year examination in 2023 only are eligible|
Details Required to Fill AUCET 2024 Application Form
- Full Name (as per official documents)
- Date of Birth
- Aadhar Card Number (if applicable)
- Parent/Guardian Name
- Contact Details (Address, Email, Mobile Number)
- Details of qualifying examination (e.g., B.Sc., B.A., B.Com, etc.)
- Marks obtained in each subject
- Total marks and percentage obtained in the qualifying exam
- Hall Ticket Number and Year of Passing the qualifying exam
- Name of the Board/University of the qualifying exam
Category Details (for Reservation):
- Category (General/SC/ST/OBC)
- Caste Certificate Number (if applicable)
- Income Certificate Number (if applying for fee concession)
Choice of Subject(s):
- Candidates will need to select the PG course(s) they wish to apply for in order of preference.
Recent Photograph and Signature:
- Applicants will be required to upload scanned copies of their passport-sized photograph and signature as per the specified guidelines.
Test Center Preference:
- Choice of exam center(s) where the candidate wishes to appear for the AUCET 2023 examination.
- Applicants will need to make the application fee payment through the provided payment gateway. Details of the transaction may need to be entered, such as Transaction ID, Transaction Date, etc.
AUCET 2024 Admit Card
- The admit card will be released online on the official website of Andhra University.
- The admit card will be available from May 1, 2023.
- Candidates can download their admit card by entering their registration number and date of birth.
- The admit card is a mandatory document and must be carried on the day of the exam.
- The admit card will contain the candidate's name, photograph, signature, exam centre, date and time of the exam etc.
Here are some additional details about the admit card:
- The admit card will not be sent by post or email.
- Candidates must download their admit card and print it out.
- Candidates must bring the admit card along with a valid photo ID on the day of the exam.
- Candidates who do not have their admit card will not be allowed to take the exam.
Details on the AUCET 2024 Admit Card
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number or application number
- Photograph and signature of the candidate
- Date of birth
- Category (General/SC/ST/OBC) and other relevant details
- Date and time of the AUCET 2023 examination
- Exam center name and address
- Test center code
- Reporting time and exam duration
- Important instructions to be followed during the exam
- Items allowed and not allowed inside the examination hall
Application Form Details:
- Details filled by the candidate during the application process
AUCET 2024 Exam Centres
|Acharya Nagarjuna University||Guntur|
|Siddhartha Institute of Technology||Vijayawada|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada||Kakinada|
|Adikavi Nannaya University||Eluru|
AUCET 2024 Exam Pattern
|Exam Duration||1 hour 30 minutes (90 minutes)|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for every correct answer|
|Negative Marking||No negative marking|
|Language of Exam||English|
AUCET 2024 Syllabus
|English||Comprehension, Grammar, Usage, Vocabulary|
|Mathematics||Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus|
|Physics||Mechanics, Heat, Electricity, Magnetism, Optics|
|Chemistry||Basic Concepts, Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding, Chemical Thermodynamics, Chemical Kinetics, Organic Chemistry|
|Life Sciences||Cell Biology, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Ecology|
|Physical Sciences||Electricity, Magnetism and Electronics, Modern Physics, Thermodynamics and Optics, Waves and Oscillations|
|Mathematical Sciences||Linear Algebra and Vector Calculus, Abstract Algebra & Real Analysis, Differential Equations and Solid Geometry|
|Humanities and Social Sciences||History, Geography, Political Science, Economics, Sociology|
AUCET 2024 Reference Books
|English||Wren and Martin||English Grammar and Composition|
|Mathematics||Hall and Knight||Higher Algebra|
|Physics||H.C. Verma||Concepts of Physics|
|Chemistry||M.L. Khanna||Physical Chemistry|
|Life Sciences||R.K. Gupta||Cell Biology|
|Physical Sciences||Griffiths||Introduction to Electrodynamics|
|Mathematical Sciences||R.K. Jain||Linear Algebra|
|Humanities and Social Sciences||NCERT||History|
AUCET 2024 Preparation Tips
- Start early. The faster you start preparing, the extra time you will should cowl the syllabus and practice questions.
- Create a take a look at plan. Break down the syllabus into smaller topics and create a look at plan that suits your agenda.
- Focus at the essential topics. Not all topics are created identical. Focus at the topics which might be most probably to be examined.
- Practice, practice, practice. The more you practice, the better you turns into at answering questions.
- Solve preceding 12 months's question papers. This is a tremendous manner to get acquainted with the exam pattern and the kinds of questions which can be asked.
- Stay calm on the day of the examination. It is critical to stay calm and targeted at the day of the examination.
- Get a good night time's sleep before the examination. This will help you to be well-rested and alert at the day of the examination.
How to Download AUCET 2024 Result?
Visit the Official Website: Go to the official website of Andhra University or the AUCET exam portal.
Find Result Section: Look for the "AUCET 2024 Result" or "AUCET Result 2023" link on the website's homepage or in the notifications section.
Enter Your Details: Click on the result link and enter your required details, such as registration number, hall ticket number, and date of birth. Make sure to input the correct information.
View/Download Result: After entering your details, the AUCET 2023 result should be displayed on the screen. You may either view it online or have the option to download a PDF copy.
Take a Printout (Optional): If required, you can take a printout of the result for future reference. However, note that a printed copy is not always necessary, as the digital result is generally accepted for further admission processes.
Check the Merit List (If Applicable): Apart from individual results, the AUCET portal may also provide a merit list of candidates based on their performance in the entrance test.
AUCET 2024 Cut Off
|Course||Cut Off (General Category)||Cut Off (Reserved Category)|
AUCET 2024 Counselling
- Counselling Dates: The counselling dates will be announced by Andhra University after the declaration of the results.
- Eligibility: Candidates who have qualified the AUCET 2023 exam will be eligible for counselling.
- Documents Required: Candidates must bring the following documents to the counselling:
- Admit Card
- Original Marksheet
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Income Certificate (if applicable)
- Other relevant documents
- Selection Process: Candidates will be selected based on their performance in the AUCET 2023 exam and their preference for courses.
- Seat Allotment: Candidates will be allotted seats based on their rank in the merit list and their preference for courses.
- Payment of Fees: Candidates who are allotted seats must pay the admission fee within the stipulated time period.
AUCET Counselling Dates 2024
|Registration for Online Document Verification and Web Counselling||Aug 2024 (Tentative)|
|Fee Payment||Aug 2024 (Tentative)|
|Edit/ Entry of Web Options||Aug 2024 (Tentative)|
|Provisional Seat Allotment||Aug 2024 (Tentative)|
|Documents Upload ||Aug 2024 (Tentative)|
AUCET Overview 2024 FAQs
AUCET stands for Andhra University Common Entrance Test. It is an entrance exam conducted by Andhra University for admission into various postgraduate courses offered by the university and its affiliated colleges.
AUCET offers admission to a wide range of postgraduate courses such as M.Sc., M.A., M.Com., M.H.R.M., M.J.M.C., M.L.I.Sc., M.P.Ed., M.Ed., M.Tech., M.Sc. 5-Year Integrated courses, and more, depending on the availability and offerings of the university.
To apply for AUCET, you typically need to visit the official AUCET website during the application period. The application process involves online registration, filling out the application form, uploading required documents, and paying the application fee. Make sure to check the specific application guidelines and deadlines.
Eligibility criteria vary depending on the course you are applying for. Generally, candidates must have a bachelor's degree in the relevant discipline from a recognized university. The specific eligibility requirements for each course are usually provided in the official notification.
The exam pattern for AUCET can vary based on the course you are applying for. It typically consists of objective-type multiple-choice questions (MCQs). The exam might have different sections based on the subject or field of study. The duration of the exam and the number of questions can also vary.
As of my last update in September 2021, there was no negative marking in AUCET. However, it's essential to verify this information from the official sources or the latest exam brochure.
AUCET is usually conducted in offline mode (pen and paper-based) at various test centers. Candidates need to mark their answers on the OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) sheet provided during the exam.
The selection process typically involves the performance in the AUCET exam followed by counseling. Based on the ranks obtained in the exam, candidates will be called for counseling, during which they can select their preferred course and college based on availability and their rank.
The eligibility criteria for AUCET can vary depending on the course you are applying for. Generally, candidates must have a bachelor's degree in the relevant discipline from a recognized university. Specific eligibility requirements, such as minimum marks or subjects studied at the undergraduate level, are usually provided in the official notification.
As of my last update, there were no specific age criteria for most of the courses offered through AUCET. However, this could vary based on the course and the university's policies. It's advisable to check the official notification or brochure for the course you're interested in to confirm age-related requirements.