The Joint Entrance Examination Main, commonly referred to as JEE Main, is one of India's most prestigious and competitive engineering entrance examinations. Conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA), it serves as the primary gateway for students aspiring to secure admission to some of the most renowned engineering institutions in the country, including the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), National Institutes of Technology (NITs), and various other prestigious engineering colleges.
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Advanced) is one of India's most prestigious and competitive engineering entrance exams. It is conducted annually for admission to the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), which are renowned for offering world-class engineering education and research opportunities. JEE Advanced serves as the gateway for candidates who aspire to pursue undergraduate programs in various branches of engineering, technology, and architecture.
JEE Main vs JEE Advanced: Difference in Exam Pattern
||Online / Offline
|Number of Papers
||One or Two
|Type of Questions
||Objective (Multiple Choice Questions)
||Objective (Multiple Choice Questions), Subjective
|Number of Questions
||90 (75 to be attempted)
||6 hours (3 hours per paper)
||4 marks for each correct answer, -1 mark for each incorrect answer
||4 marks for each correct answer, no negative marking
||NCERT-based, but with a deeper understanding of the concepts
||Screening exam for JEE Advanced
||Entrance exam for admission to IITs and NITs
Differences between JEE MAIN VS JEE ADVANCED
Purpose and Scope:
- JEE Main:
JEE Main is in most cases a screening take a look at used for admission to diverse undergraduate engineering packages throughout a wide variety of schools and institutes, which include NITs, IIITs, and other engineering institutions.
- JEE Advanced: JEE Advanced is the second level of the Joint Entrance Examination and is especially performed for admission to the prestigious Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
- JEE Main: It is open to all candidates who've completed their 10+2 training.
- JEE Advanced: Only the pinnacle candidates who clear the JEE Main are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced. There is a cutoff rank to qualify.
Number of Papers:
- JEE Main: It includes a single paper.
- JEE Advanced: JEE Advanced accommodates two papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2, both of which are mandatory.
- JEE Main: The questions in JEE Main are extra honest and take a look at simple understanding and problem-fixing abilties.
- JEE Advanced: JEE Advanced is known for its complicated, innovative, and tough questions that require in-intensity analytical and important questioning.
- JEE Main: It is usually taken into consideration to have a slight issue stage.
- JEE Advanced: JEE Advanced is notably extra difficult and is often seemed as one of the toughest engineering front assessments inside the international.
- JEE Main: The syllabus is based at the 10+2 curriculum, protecting a extensive range of topics.
- JEE Advanced: While it additionally covers the 10+2 syllabus, JEE Advanced might also consist of extra or greater in-intensity subjects.
Ranking and Admissions:
- JEE Main: It gives an All India Rank (AIR) that is used for admission to numerous engineering faculties throughout India. The ranks are used for NITs, IIITs, and different institutions.
- JEE Advanced: It offers a rank for admission especially to the IITs and some different choose institutes.
Number of Attempts:
- JEE Main: Candidates can try JEE Main for three consecutive years.
- JEE Advanced: The wide variety of attempts for JEE Advanced is restrained, and candidates can attempt it in consecutive years at maximum.
Counseling and Seat Allotment:
- JEE Main: Counseling and seat allocation for numerous colleges, consisting of NITs and IIITs, are performed thru centralized techniques like JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority).
- JEE Advanced: Counseling for IITs and choose institutes is carried out one at a time via the Joint Admission Board (JAB) and respective institute-particular strategies.
- JEE Main: It is taken by using a bigger variety of applicants due to its broader scope.
- JEE Advanced: It is less popular in phrases of participation, given its exclusivity and issue.
JEE MAIN VS JEE ADVANCED - Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main:
Age Limit: There is no precise age limit to seem for JEE Main. However, candidates are required to have completed their 10+2 or equal examination inside the 12 months of the JEE Main exam or the 12 months earlier than.
Number of Attempts: Candidates can attempt JEE Main for three consecutive years, starting from the 12 months they complete their 10+2 education.
Educational Qualifications: To be eligible for JEE Main, applicants ought to have handed the 10+2 examination or its equal with no less than five topics, which include Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The precise percent and subjects required may additionally range from 12 months to 12 months, so it is important to check the legitimate JEE Main internet site for the most updated records.
Admission to NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs: To secure admission to National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs), candidates have to have scored a sure minimal percent of their 10+2 exam. This minimal percent requirement can also range primarily based at the institute and category of the candidate.
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Advanced:
Qualifying JEE Main: To be eligible for JEE Advanced, candidates have to first clear the JEE Main exam. Only the top-ranking candidates are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced.
Age Limit: For Indian nationals, applicants should had been born on or after October 1, 1997. There is a rest in the age restrict for applicants belonging to positive categories.
Number of Attempts: Candidates can try JEE Advanced for a most of two consecutive years.
Educational Qualifications: Candidates ought to have completed their 10+2 or equal examination within the year of the JEE Advanced examination. They need to also now not were admitted to any IIT earlier. The particular instructional requirements may additionally vary from yr to year, so it's crucial to review the official JEE Advanced internet site for the ultra-modern statistics.
JEE Main and JEE Advanced syllabus
||Mechanics, Thermal Physics, Electricity and Magnetism, Optics and Modern Physics
||Mechanics, Thermal Physics, Electricity and Magnetism, Optics and Wave Motion, Modern Physics
||Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry
||Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry
||Algebra, Calculus, Coordinate Geometry, and Vector Algebra
||Algebra, Calculus, Coordinate Geometry, Vector Algebra, and Probability
What is JEE Main?
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main is a highly competitive and widely recognized engineering entrance examination in India. It is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) and serves as the first stage for admission into various undergraduate engineering programs at several renowned institutions, including National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), and other engineering colleges across the country.
What is JEE ADVANCED?
The Joint Entrance Examination Advanced, commonly referred to as JEE Advanced, is one of the most prestigious and competitive engineering entrance exams in India. JEE Advanced is conducted annually for admission to the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), which are among the most renowned engineering institutions in India.
JEE Main is for admission to various engineering colleges, while JEE Advanced particularly admits students to the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
Yes, clearing JEE Main is a prerequisite for taking the JEE Advanced.
Eligibility standards vary, with JEE Main being extra accessible. Refer to reliable websites for special criteria.
Both checks cowl comparable topics, however JEE Advanced may additionally have extra advanced and tough questions.
Candidates can take JEE Main for three consecutive years, and JEE Advanced for a most of two consecutive years.
JEE Main has no particular age restrict, while JEE Advanced has a prescribed age limit with relaxations for positive categories.